Goettl Air Conditioning has experienced the ups and downs of the HVAC industry like other companies that were established early. The Goettl brothers founded the company in Phoenix Arizona in 1939, and by 2000, the company was owned by a large out-of-state company that focused on building a bigger profit margin. They cared little about offering customers exceptional service.
In 2013, Ken Goodrich, who has a reputation for saving companies headed downhill, purchased Goettl, and immediately began improving the company by focusing on its employees retraining them to focus on customer satisfaction as the number one goal.
By concentrating on the customer again, as in the days when the Goettls owned the company, Goodrich has led the company to a 500 percent increase, which amounts to $50 million in revenue annually. Goettl has also won the award for “The Best AC Company” in Arizona, and it has launched out into Las Vegas with plans to move into California.
Goodrich also made an impression by building a reputation of charitable giving and volunteering in the community. Recently, Goettl has donated more than $1,000 worth of tools to the College of Southern Nevada and a new air conditioning system to a local, elderly woman.
Goettl wants to offer you five valuable tips for obtaining the best use from your home air conditioner.
- Weatherize your home, so your air conditioning system doesn’t have to work harder than it should.
- Install the outside unit in the shade.
- Consider keeping the thermostat as close to 78 degrees as possible to save money. Every degree counts.
- Use radiant barriers, which is overlying insulation in addition to your insulation installed in the attic. It will keep your home cool during the summer and warmer in the winter months.
- Replace air filters often. At least once a month, check the HVAC air filter, and replace when necessary.